Would you like to protect your home from annoying pests without having to use expensive, harsh chemicals that cost a small fortune? There are ways that you can protect your environment from nasty, biting creatures without spending high amounts of money.
1. Bedbugs are notorious biters that can cause an itchy skin rash. One of the best ways to get rid of them is by keeping the house clean with frequent vacuuming and steam cleaning, if possible. You can keep bedbugs from climbing up the legs of furniture and bedposts by coating them with Vaseline.
2. Wash bedding frequently in the hottest water possible. You should do the same with any clothing that you bring back from vacation and also with clothing items that you have bought at a thrift shop.
3. If you have purchased any used furniture, inspect it carefully before bringing it into the house.
4. To keep bugs from entering your home, sprinkle dry diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of your rooms. It is a non-toxic substance that will effectively kill bedbugs when they walk through it. This substance may also be helpful in keeping other bugs from entering your home. It can be purchased at garden centers and other locations. Even Amazon sells it.
1. If you want to keep spiders from visiting, put fresh crushed chestnuts wherever the pests can enter a room, or in the corners of a room. They do not like a chemical in chestnuts and will be deterred.
2. Pennyroyal will chase spiders away. Sprinkle it wherever you have a spider problem and they will disappear. Pennyroyal can be bought at health food stores.
3. Use a solution of one cup of white vinegar with one teaspoon of coconut oil in any areas where you find cobwebs and you know spiders have made a home. This magical concoction will make spiders move out of that area and stay away.
1. Turmeric is an herb that ants hate. Sprinkle it in areas where ants congregate and you will soon notice that they leave the spot.
2. Fresh whole bay leaves are another substance that will get rid of ants. Make certain to place bay leaves in kitchen drawers and cupboards and especially under the refrigerator.
3. Cloves will keep ants away. Place cloves wherever you know that ants congregate to make them move out.
4. Place a few small pieces of garlic by any openings, including cracks and crevices, where ants can gather and turn into their homes, and you will soon see that you have no more ants.
One important thing to remember in getting rid of pests within the home is that mint leaves and mint oil will do a wonderful job of ridding the environment of many different types of pesky creatures as the menthol smell acts as a repellent. If you use this substance, you may have fewer unwelcome creatures and a fresher smelling home.
There are a number of inexpensive home remedies that can effectively rid your home of pests and keep them from coming back.
Author Bio: Karen Barnes writes for a site where you can learn more about preventing bedbugs, such as tips on using mattress encasements.
I'm Louida from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm a mother of two daughters, and a full-time blogger/influencer.
I love helping others learn how to start working from home online free to help supplement their current income.
I also blog at Productreviewmom.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Grab my Badge