While I was on Twitter reading through tweets from others, I came across Matt Cutts (Head of Google Search Spam) tweet about the Decay and Falling of Guest Blogging. I immediately clicked on his link since my blog does offer guest posting from other bloggers.
Basically guest blogging has been becoming out of hand and people are really abusing it just to build links and page rank to their spammy website.
In Matt Cutts's blog he says, "So stick a fork in it: guest blogging is done; it’s just gotten too spammy. In general I wouldn’t recommend accepting a guest blog post unless you are willing to vouch for someone personally or know them well. Likewise, I wouldn’t recommend relying on guest posting, guest blogging sites, or guest blogging SEO as a linkbuilding strategy."
I think guest blogging is a great way to gain new readers and followers but if you're only using it for SEO purposes and writing spam articles all over the place then that is consider spam and you will get penalize.
I get so many SEO companies emailing me every week trying to send me crap articles to post on my blog's to help their clients gain backlinks and approve their pagerank. Stay far away from those companies or you may suffer the hit from Google spam and your website may fall off Google SERPs!
I just hate it when something good which helps a writer build up his/her following and helps bloggers bring helpful informative post for their readers get abused by spammers.
With this now going on and the internet world at a frenzy about this, I wanted to get opinions from other bloggers about this subject. I visited MyBlogGuest community on Google+ to get their thoughts on this and Shannon Hutcheson (MBG Moderator) gave some good advice about guest posting. Here are her tips about having guest bloggers:
Shannon Hutcheson writes:
Even though guest blogging is getting frown upon by Google, I'll still continue to allow guest post on my blog but will be doing major research about the guest blogger before I add their blog post.
Rules will still stand:
1. Article must be about 300 words or more.
2. Original, unique content that has never been spunned.
3. What you blog about must be legitimate! NO SCAMS! No topics or links about gambling, dating, drugs, pharmaceuticals, and paid day loans.
4. You can blog about your work from home business or ways for people to save money, debt management, coupons, pretty much anything related to this website.
5. You can add your pictures, and link to your website. Your website must be PR 1 or higher with
6. Must show me a link to your previous guest article posting.
7. Must show me that your article has passed Copyscape.
Are you a blogger that allows guest bloggers? What are your thoughts about this?
I'm Louida from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm a mother of two daughters, and a full-time blogger/influencer.
I love helping others learn how to start working from home online free to help supplement their current income.
I also blog at Productreviewmom.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Grab my Badge