The whole world lies in oneself and if one knows how to observe and learn, she/he will find the door and the key. Nobody, except yourself can give you the key or the door.
Losing a job takes a heavy toll on a good number people as no job means no money. While people continue to look for employment they can also get involved in activities that can bring in the much needed money. While there are many ways in which a person can become self-employed, the problem that most people who are out of a job face are finances. As these people have limited finances they could become the owner of a small business or an online business or any business that does not be require too much investment. Finding a profitable idea is crucial to starting any business and for this one should assess one’s abilities and finances before choosing a business opportunity. Some foolproof self-employment ideas which require little investment are as follows:
· Pet walker and sitter – If one loves animals this may be very good business idea. As people are working long hours, they need somebody to walk their dogs. They also need somebody to take care of their pets when they go on vacations.
· Gofer or errand runner – Most people delegate everyday jobs like dropping parcels in the mail, collecting clothes from the dry cleaners, etc. to people who are trustworthy and do not charge a huge fees. While gofers were usually hired by businessmen, these days more people are using them to do jobs like collecting the children from the child care center, shopping for grocery, etc.
· Coaching – Coaching is a low cost or no cost business idea. Assess the skills that one has and coach the children in the locality. It could be sports, academics, art, cooking, computer skill, etc.
· Handyperson - Useful skills like plumbing, roofing, painting, mechanical work, etc., can be used as a freelance handyperson. While most people usually call listed "professionals" who charge a hefty fee, they would prefer a cheaper alternative if they had the option. Advertise in local newspapers and post fliers in common areas and on the internet.
· Freelance Writing – The writing industry provides many self employment opportunities. Type of freelance writing includes ghost writing, content writing, research report writing, etc.
· Creator of web sites or blog – Any internet savvy person can create a blog or web site using directions given on the internet. Today even the common man wants to create web sites and blogs. One can also offer to make the sites search engine friendly and help to connect to prospective customers using the social media.
· Buying and reselling things – One can buy things at the wholesale price and sell it for a higher price. This can also be done via the internet using the dropshipping facility of web sites like eBay. Items can also be resold through advertisements in the newspaper and magazines, garage sales, flea markets, etc.
However, one should remember that self employment is really tough especially when it is a start-up as one will have to handle sales and marketing, accounts, customer service, etc. as well as being the proprietor. Hence, the determination to succeed and the craving to accomplish something will push one to reach one’s full potential.
This guest post is brought to you by Nicole Wilson of http://www.cabletimenyc.com, a site that offers savings and current information on time warner cable new york.
I'm Louida from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm a mother of two daughters, and a full-time blogger/influencer.
I love helping others learn how to start working from home online free to help supplement their current income.
I also blog at Productreviewmom.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Grab my Badge