At this point, you may be a bit confused about what school supplies you will need for your college classes. You want to be prepared, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money on things you won’t need, right? Odds are, the first day of classes will have you scrambling to pick up some items that are required for your courses but you can be fairly prepared by getting the basic items ahead of time. At the minimum, make sure you have these items on hand:
1. Planner – College is nothing like high school. You will have more to keep up with and nobody to help you do so. A planner will quickly become your best friend if you use it correctly. Carry your planner with you at all times and immediately record any assignments, special dates, exams, and other information so you will have it available at a glance.
2. Graphing Calculator – You will need a graphing calculator in many of your mathematics and science classes at a minimum. Make sure you have a quality calculator. If you are strapped for cash and have a smart phone, you can download an app for around 99 cents that will provide all the functions you need.
3. Laptop – While you can make do with a desktop computer and/or the school computers, a laptop will make your life much easier. You can take it with you everywhere to watch DVDs, complete research, do your homework, study, make money, take notes, and more.
4. Flash Drive – Every college student needs at least one good flash drive. You can save your assignments and stow them in your backpack or pocket to reference on any computer later on.
5. Digital Voice Recorder – You will quickly learn that many professors cover material at a lightning fast pace. In such classes, it can be difficult to take notes on everything that matters. With a voice recorder, you can simply record lectures and refer back to them later on. If you want to make the most of it, look for a recorder that also plays mp3s.
6. Sturdy backpack or messenger bag – Gone are the high school days of being ‘too cool’ to carry a bag. You will have to walk great distances to get to your classes. Using a good bag will keep everything organized and will also make it much easier to carry everything with you.
7. Colored pens – Studies have proven that using different colored pens for note taking can help you retain more of the information more quickly. That means less time studying and more time having fun.
8. Binders, college ruled notebooks, and highlighters – Goes without saying. These will be a basic for every class you take. You may also want to consider making sure you have some good mechanical pencils and quality erasers. Some professors will demand that you write everything in pencil. It is also a great idea to dedicate one notebook to every class. This helps you to keep material organized more quickly and makes it easier to find when you need it.
About the Author
Wes S. is a writer for Mycriminaljusticecareers.com. For those that have decided that they want to learn how to become a police officer, this site can help you learn more about this profession.
I'm Louida from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm a mother of two daughters, blogger, and full time working mom at a Business Consulting Firm.
I love helping others learn how to start working from home on the internet free to supplement their current income.
I also blog at Productreviewmom.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Grab my Badge