Last week, Facebook recommended me to join SITS Girls Fan page since I'm a blogger.
Sits Girls helps women with blogging questions and I'm glad I became a fan of their page because I could tell I'll learn a lot from them and other women bloggers.
Yesterday's question of the day was, "We have a community member that has been actively trying to grow her blog. She follows all the advice SITS gives as well as others, yet she has had almost no growth in over 10 months. What advice would you give her?"
Below is some great answers from the community.
1. Promote others more than promoting yourself. This will get attention from other bloggers and more than likely they'll share the love and start promoting you.
2. Join Social Media groups in your niche and start networking and share your blog post. Like 1. also share other blogger's post.
3. Visit other blogger's blogs and leave meaningful comments. Do this at least 2 to 3 times a week. What I like to do is do Google Alerts and add keywords I'm searching for and Google sends me websites relevant to the keyword I've used. Also don't be afraid to go outside your niche and comment on blogs because you never know if someone may be interested in your blog.
4. Use Google plus to post your blog content. Google will start taking notice and start ranking your blog faster. Make sure to set up your Google Authorship.
5. Post your blog content on Pinterest and also post other blogger's content on there. Start following people on Pinterest and repost their content and you'll start noticing your traffic will start to grow.
6. Do giveaways. Readers loves to get free stuff from bloggers.
7. Always interact with your readers when they leave comments. Ask questions in your content that would make them answer it to start a discussion.
8. Join forums in your niche and leave a link to your blog in your signature.
9. Join writers forums like Squidoo that'll help bring traffic to your blog.
10. Most important, content is key! Always write and make sure it's original and engaging to readers. The more valuable content you write, readers will start sharing it and search engines will start ranking it. Remember to have social media buttons that's easily visible for readers to use and share content.
11. Be a guest blogger on other blogs and also allow guest bloggers on your blog.
What ways do you build traffic to your blog?
I'm Louida from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm a mother of two daughters, blogger, and full time working mom at a Business Consulting Firm.
I love helping others learn how to start working from home on the internet free to supplement their current income.
I also blog at Productreviewmom.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Grab my Badge