While sitting down and going over my finances and bills, I've noticed more money is going out than coming in. I've also noticed my credit card bills are starting to grow high balances. I knew something needed to be done before I get myself into a deeper financial hole I can't get out of.
I've decided I needed to start cutting back and making sacrifices on the things I buy and do. I've created a list of things I will be cutting back on.
1. Start bringing my lunch to work. I use my lunch breaks to pick up my oldest daughter from school. While I'm driving, I past by a lot of fast food restaurants which makes it tempting to stop and get a quick bite to eat. I decided before around the time I pick my daughter up from school, I'll eat the lunch I brought from home at work so when I'm driving past those fast food restaurants I wouldn't buy from them since I wouldn't be hungry. I've noticed by bringing my lunch to work, I started losing weight which is a plus!
2. Cut back on Starbucks. After dropping off my daughters to school, I like to stop by my local Starbucks for a frappaccino or an ice tea to give myself a treat and boost of energy before work. But those drinks that are about $5 can get expensive! So I knew I needed to cut back buying Starbucks. This will be a hard one for me so I decided to buy myself a Starbucks two times a month instead of every other day.
3. Go to the grocery store every two weeks. I use to go to the grocery store pretty much every day! Anything that runs out in my household, I would go to the grocery immediately and that created impulsive shopping. And what is worst, I've always seem to go to the grocery store hungry which makes me buy unnecessary items I don't need. Now I will start creating a list and stick to it! If I need to go to the grocery store between those two weeks will only be on emergency bases, like if we run out of milk, need water, or bread.
4. No more impulsive clothes shopping. Everyday I receive emails from my favorite clothing stores of sales which make it so tempting to buy. I'm a fashionista and I love to keep up with the latest trends and fashion but this is really hurting my wallet. I really have to stop and think, "Do I really need that dress on sale?" To stop this problem, I've decided to only shop when the seasons has change. So instead of me shopping for clothes and shoes every month, I will shop every 3 to 4 months and this rule will also apply for shopping for my kids clothes and shoes.
5. Stop using my credit cards. I've really been maxing out my credit cards which created high monthly payments and my credit rate to drop. I'm going to start paying more then the minimum balance to start bringing my balance down more faster. I may start shopping around to consolidate my credit card debts to get one low monthly payment. Once my debt is paid off, I'll start closing some of my credit card accounts and only use the ones I keep open for emergencies.
6. Stop going out to eat so much. There's times when I do not feel like cooking, so my family and I would go out to eat. Going out to eat has became very expensive, so I've decided to go out to eat twice a month. So if my friends ask me if I would like to go eat out with them and I've already eaten out twice that month, I would have to say no and go out to eat with them the following month.
7. Finding cheap activities to do on the weekends. Going out to different places during the weekends can be costly like going to the movies, museums, kid's play places, etc. I'm not going to completely wipe out my activities on the weekends and stay home but I will limit them. Also a fun free place for kids is the park and I'll start taking my kids there more often. Also I signed up my kids for Kidgit Kids Club with Simon Malls which is a kids club that is $5 membership a year and they offer free to almost free kids activities at participating Simon's malls. (Check your local area)
I've been cutting back my expenses for the last couple of weeks and I noticed the money I've been saving already.
Have you had to make sacrifices in order to save money? If so, what did you cut back?
Since I am a blogger that likes to blog about "How to make money from home", and "How to save money on online deals", I always wonder what is the best hosting website for me, free hosting or paid hosting?
I have been with Weebly which is a free hosting website since 2008 and never experience any problems with them and their hosting.
While Google searching other bloggers' blogs, I noticed a lot of them used paid hosting with a Wordpress plug in. The blogs look neat and professional and I would love to have my blog look like theirs.
I went onto WAHM forum and wanted to ask other bloggers' opinions about free hosting and paid hosting and which one would be better for me. All of them besides one said that paid hosting is best and here is why:
One person said that with paid hosting it does come with headaches of setting up which can be time consuming!
So what do you all think?
Should I choose a Paid Hosting website for my website/blog or stick with what I have since I do not have any problems with Weebly?
What are good Paid Hosting websites?
If I choose to go with a Paid Hosting website, how do I transfer all my stuff from my free hosting website to paid hosting website?
Thanks for reading and please comment below!
Since this is a work from home website and to help people find how to make money online free, I have some questions that might help your fellow money making online seekers that drop by and visit this website:
1. What is your favorite work from home program or programs?
2. Is there any work from home programs you would like to share with us that is not listed on EarningFreeMoney.com?
3. What is the most money you made working from home online?
4. What is your least favorite work from home program? And why?
5. Do you know of any work from home scams that we need to avoid?
These questions will help people learn that there are scam free ways to make money online. Let have a discussion about this in the comments below.
I have a lot of people email me with questions they have and I would like to share some of those emails with you all because it may help you with some of the questions you may have.
I read your info on your website. I am trying to earn extra money doing gpt offers, I have only been doing them for six months. I had two referrals but they did not stick to it. So I wanted to try to start a website for referrals. I read your tips on doing offers which was helpful, I have made money but I would make more if I knew more about completing offers. I would appreciate any help you have to offer. I really need the extra money and trying to learn all that I can to make this work for me.
Good Morning Louise,
Here are some of the rules about completing offers:
Some of the same advertisers have different offers for you to complete. Like say for instance, they have an offer called "Get Free McDonalds," and another one called "Get Free BurgerKing." Since some offers are by the same advertiser, you must clear your computers cookies and use different email addresses for each one to get a better chance of your offer to go through and you get paid.
Remember to always do the free offers. Click "No" and "Skip" throughout the whole offer until you get to the end which says, "Silver and Gold Offers," which at the end you just click on a few of them and then shut the screen out.
With GPT sites, the best way to make money is by getting active US referrals. Have you checked out my list on How to Get Referrals? I see you wanted to create a website which is a great way to get started. Blogger and Weebly are two great places to start a website and are free. Once you have your website created, you can start advertising it. Remember content is KEY in getting people to your website so search engines can pick it up and people can find it through the search engines searches. You will need to start learning SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You can Google about it. Also whenever you update your site you can Ping it on Pingomatic.com
I started my website back in 2008 and it took me awhile to build up a stead flow of traffic to my site so you really got to have patience.
Also joining other GPT sites and survey sites helps me make more money instead of relying on just one.
Well I hope this was some help to you and if you have any other questions please let me know!
Have a great day and weekend!!
I'm Louida from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm a mother of two daughters, and a full-time blogger/influencer.
I love helping others learn how to start working from home online free to help supplement their current income.
I also blog at Productreviewmom.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Grab my Badge