Do you need a way to make extra money on the side? Have no idea what you can do to figure out what you can do to accomplish this in these hard times? It's not hard if you are really willing to learn a new skill and work at it to make extra money. Here are a few ideas that you can implement to make extra money..
1. Writing - If you have any interest in writing then you could easily make some money writing for blog owners. Some people pay big money for well written articles. You could also open a blog yourself and write articles for SEO purposes. Maybe you could even "ghost blog" for companies who maintain a separate blog site within their business website. Some people pay for you to take care of their twitter account and tweet on their behalf. There are many avenues you can take for pursuing writing jobs and if you are decent wordsmith then this might just be for you.
2. Gardening - Have you got a knack for gardens? Taking care of someones garden is a really good way to earn extra money from something that you consider to be a hobby. People pay big money for professional services and if you offer your services at a slightly lower but significant discount then people would be more than happy to pay you to do the work. People will recommend you to other people and once the word gets around then you could easily make some decent money on the side doing what you love.
3. Cleaning Houses - You could offer your own brand of "Molly Maid" type services by opening ads on Craigslist and other advertising sites and you might end up with more work than you could handle of odd jobs. There are so many people out there that simply cannot handle their jobs and managing their homes on a day to day basis. These types of maid services make serious money charging extra for doing dishes, laundry or other extra jobs that are not included in normal tidying up services.
4. English Language Tutoring - Think you have the language down pretty good? Been speaking it all your life? Well you may not think you are perfect but if you have any ability to help someone who does not know it at all then this might be for you. There are plenty of resources online to give you teaching aids so you can teach a class at home for an immigrant who desperately needs to learn the English language. If word spreads around that you are a decent teacher who does not charge an arm and a leg then you could easily expand your class and host more than 1 student and effectively doubling and tripling the income you made with one student.
5. Laundry/Ironing Services - Like I said above with house cleaning, laundry could be a job completely within itself. You could do pick up and deliver service within your area or maybe even do it right at there home. I'm sure you can find a groove and charge enough money to cover costs of detergent and other supplies as well as the wear and tear of your own washer and dryer if that is what you choose to do.
These are just a few of the ideas I am putting in this article to get you started. Simply thing of something you do now and that you could offer and charge someone else to do for a decent price. Don't be afraid to charge a decent amount for your services because you need it to be worth your while too. Just work out what it costs you to offer the service and then charge 100%+ on top of that. It's not that unreasonable to think you should make 100% or more in profit.
I'm Louida from Atlanta, Georgia and I'm a mother of two daughters, blogger, and full time working mom at a Business Consulting Firm.
I love helping others learn how to start working from home on the internet free to supplement their current income.
I also blog at Productreviewmom.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Grab my Badge